What is SAP BASIS?
SAP BASIS means Business Application Software Integrated Solutions. SAP Basis is a set of programs and tools that act as an interface with Database, Operating System, Communication protocols and business applications. With the support of Basis all the SAP applications such as FI, CO, PP etc. can run and communicate with each other across different Operating systems and Databases. In other words SAP Basis is known as Netweaver.
SAP Basis is the operating system for SAP applications and ABAP. SAP Basis provides services like communication with the operating system, database communication, memory management, runtime collection of application date, web requests, exchanging business data etc. SAP Basis supports a number of known operating system such as Unix flavors, Microsoft windows server edition, AS400, z/OS, etc and databases such as Oracle, DB2, Informix, Maxdb, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
While Implementation of SAP Basis, we are offering the following services:
- SAP environment infrastructure projects, advanced SAP landscapes
- Installations of SAP environments
- Migrations of SAP systems (between different hardware and software environments; separations and centralizations of SAP platforms)
- Conversions of SAP systems into UNICODE
- Basis-related support of SAP upgrades
- SAP virtualization
- Backup and Recovery procedures for SAP
- Creation and Testing of Business Continuity Plans (BCP) for SAP
- Reviews and Audits of the SAP architecture
- Building of High Availability (HA) scenarios for SAP
- Archiving of SAP historical data
While Implementation of SAP Basis, as a part of Outsourcing centre provides the following services:
- SAP administration (outsourcing of SAP administration or remote support of SAP administrators)
- SAP maintenance (SAP Standard Support, SAP Enterprise Support)
Responsibilities of SAP Basis Administrator:
While monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting SAP Basis, the admin has wide range of responsibilities.
- Architecting the Environment
- Implementing Best Practices
- User administration
- Managing SAP Transports
- Scheduling Background Jobs
- SAP Tuning
- Disaster Recovery/High Availability
The below mentioned are the responsibilities of SAP Basis’s Consultant:
- As we know that SAP Basis is the middleware tool for application system and data base.
- SAP application server monitoring, ABAP dump, and system log analysis
- Performance tuning
- Database maintenance, Database backup schedule and restore
- R/3, NetWeaver, solution manager installation, etc.
- SAP license continuance
- SAP landscape, transport management system installations, etc
- Client generate, client copying, client removal, etc
- Generate user, assigning roles, locking and unlocking users, etc
- Setting jobs scheduling, job monitoring, job deletion, etc
- Profile and operation mode maintenance
- Applying support patches, upgrading and installing add-ons
- SNOTE applying and removing errors
- System copy, System refresh ,etc
SAP BASIS Consultant roles and responsibilities may vary from company to company, the above are standard roles of SAP BASIS consultants.
Note: Contact Us or Write Us for any post implementation support you need or if you are facing any challenges for your current SAP BASIS installation.